Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Monday 6 March 2017

A Few Cards

Hi there lovely folks
A short post tonight to blog a few cards I made recently with some of the products again from the February Goodie box and a few bits and pieces from earlier boxes. That really is the beauty of subscribing actually. These boxes have so much in them that you will always have product left over. Therefore, it's lovely to dip into the earlier boxes to build up your stash.
I used Kraft card for each of these cards and some of the papers from the current box as backgrounds on two of the cards. The papers are always delicious and it's quite hard to make myself use them rather than keep them. 
The frame around the Tim Holtz girl image - taken from his 'Found Relatives' ideology cards -  is from an earlier Goodie box. I've splattered the background paper with one of the bistre powders Julie included in January's Goodie box, as well as Ranger's Vintage Photo ink, watered down. Everything else is from the current box.
I've run my scissors around the edge of the page and used Vintage Photo again to give an aged appearance to complement the photo.  
Again, I've used various bits and pieces from different boxes to create this card for a friend's daughter who has just got engaged.  I love the wooden/chipboard words from Scrapiniec in February's Goodie box. 
A close up of those gorgeous flowers which I couldn't resist glittering up with some Ranger Stickles - Crystal. 
The final, smaller card made use of one of the gorgeous resin frames that's included in the February Goodie box. The paper needs no further additions. You can see the quality of these 7 Dot Studio papers and you get 10 sheets every time! All varied. It only needed the addition of a few paper flowers to create a simple but elegant card for a friend's birthday. 
There is so much in each box! Having made a large Mixed Media project (see earlier post) and these three cards, I still have a huge amount left to create another project! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you like the cards and will pop over to the website and have a look at these wonderful Goodie boxes yourselves!  Here







4 comments: