Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Wednesday 15 March 2017

ATC/Pocket Letter

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying this very welcome sunny spell - well, those in the UK anyway! Just a short blogpost this afternoon to share some photos of this ATC Pocket letter I made recently as part of a Mini Marvel challenge. This has already been received by Crafting Martha so I feel happy to share a little of the process here.
As you can see, my theme was 'Ladies' Faces'. I love creating collages ATCs. I'm very influenced by Teesha Moore and Nancy Baumiller. These images were a mix of different companies, including Artchix Studio, another favourite of mine. So, how did I begin?
I started with tearing strips of some vintage text papers and sewing patterns. I glued these down with DecoArt matte medium. I then gessoed over them. I prefer Golden gesso but I also love using Ranger's, Dina Wakley's. Hers is thick and smooth. Love it. I watered down the gesso for these as I wanted the vintage text to still show through.
Next, I selected some paints. 
These are a favourite combination of mine. I didn't want the background to be too heavy as the collage images needed to be the main focal area. 
Some added stencilling and stamping to build up the layers before selecting my collage images. 
Once I'd positioned the main face images, I could then add some stamping in black Archival ink and 
some complementary ink colours  around them. Now it was just a matter of adding washi tape and other images to complete each ATC. 
For the reverse I glued another piece of Tim Holtz paper from one of the 12" X 12" paper sets. 
I swooshed each card through some distress inks that had been squished across the craft sheet, and 
water added. 
Hope you like them! I certainly enjoyed making them. I would love to know you popped by! Until next time, have a fun, crafty time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment